Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce
Whitewater is a vibrant community rich in history and always growing. Whitewater brings together the perfect combination of university life and small town hospitality.
The Chamber of Commerce serves the area’s local businesses by bringing business owners and the community together through events and promotions. Our membership of businesses and individuals is dedicated to keeping Whitewater as the perfect place to live, work, play and dream through support and encouragement of local community members.
Downtown Whitewater, Inc.
Downtown Whitewater, Inc. is a nonprofit, community-based organization devoted to preserving, improving, and promoting Whitewater’s quality of life by strengthening our historic downtown as the heartbeat of the community. The programming district includes a distinctive three-sided wedge — formed by Main Street, Whitewater Street, and Fremont Street.
Whitewater Community Foundation
The Whitewater Community Foundation’s mission is to “enhance quality of life in the Whitewater area via educational, cultural, charitable or benevolent expenditures.”
In addition to creating opportunities for scholarships, the Foundation has sponsored various community projects such as:
- Restoration of the Birge Fountain
- Restoration of the Stone Stable near Cravath Lake
- Aquatic Center Family Assistance
- Cravath Lakefront Arch
- Starin Park playground – accessible for children with special needs
- More than $200,000 in high school scholarships
- Matching grants to the Irvin L. Young Memorial Library
- Sponsorship for the WHS Music Parents to bring the UW-Madison marching band to Whitewater